Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful Post #5

Today I am thankful for the opportunities that have been given to one of my best friends in high school.





Tommy and I grew up going to the same high school and church.  He graduated two years before I did but we went as friends to his senior prom.  He was on the football team and he was always the "big brother" all my dates were scared of.  Ever since I met him, he has been one of the strongest followers of God that I know.  I can remember Tommy preaching the sermon when it was Youth Takeover Sunday at our church and there was never an opportunity at church that he was not a part of.

Sunday, November 4th, God finally brought Tommy to place that he has always wanted to be.  He is now the lead pastor at a church in Oklahoma.  This has been a long time coming and I could not be more proud.  I am giddy with excitement to see Tommy finally getting to follow what he knew God was leading him to do in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment