Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Post #18

I am so thankful for a few select friends that God placed in the right spot this week.  I would not have been able to function without Bonnie, Annette, Susan and April.

I had read early this week about some possible UN treaties that could be ratified during the lame duck session that were a big concern for all families in the United States.  I did what I could by sharing the information and asking others to please read and make an informed decision.  I also asked if they felt led to please contact their senators and ask them to stand against the ratification.

After sharing, I should have never went on a search.  It was a dumb decision on my part.  I started trying to find anything I could read about what other countries have done after ratifying the same treaties.  I did not find positive things at all.  Added to this, I started looking at things about the fiscal cliff, Israel and other things I consider negative for our country's future.  The more I researched, the more I freaked out.  I was in such a state of worry and panic that I was not sleeping well or eating hardly at all.  I found I was having a very difficult time even making myself get out of bed in the morning.  I was reading my Bible constantly especially before trying to sleep and as soon as I woke up.  I was even waking up in the middle of the night and grabbing my Bible just to find something to ease my mind so I could try to sleep again.

By the time Sunday morning got here, I was a mess.  I was having a hard time letting my kids out of my sight and keeping it together as not to worry them.  Jimmy said that I shouldn't be so worry and to quit reading news about things I can't do anything about.  He was right but I just couldn't switch the worry off.  I broke down with full-body sobs during the worship service and all I knew to do was ask God for his help to rebuke Satan and this worry that he was using against me.  I knew that no matter what we face in our future, God will always be there but Satan had found a crack where he could get ahold of me and he had it. 

Susan, Annette, Bonnie and April have been praying and sharing many, many verses with me since.  I still have a few moments here and there but in about a week's time, I am almost back to my normal, cheery, upbeat self who I like so much better.  I am very blessed by God for these wonderful, Christian women who where there at just the right time.  I am also blessed that God used this rough week to make me get closer to him and to make my quiet time much more important than it had been in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment