Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The RHOK Reads : Pioneer Woman - Ch. 6-9

The RHOK

Lots of emotion is the best way to describe these four chapters. I was swooning, crying, smiling, falling in love and feeling awkward right along with Ree.

I can really get a feel for how things are changing for her. I was a city girl minus the vegetarian palate. I had access to the golf courses, malls and most anything else I could desire. I moved to college which had a very big "country" feel and boy did I fall for the cowboys. They all look pretty darn good in their Wranglers, boots and cowboy hats. I spent most of my free time at the local honkey tonk admiring all the cowboys as well as dancing and flirting with a few. Ahhhh, the carefree days of long past.

Beginning my second year of college, I met and fell hard for my "cowboy", starched jeans and all. He was all I thought I never wanted in life and he knew how to treat a lady like a lady. All other men did not mean a thing to me after that. I could not get enough of JB. Five months into our relationship he asked me to marry him and almost seven months later we were married.

I wonder how long it will be before MM pops the question to Ree and will the devastating news from her dad make her want to marry or run the other way. Come join us at RHOK and read along with us to find out what happens next in Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment