Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Raising Homemakers-Wednesday Link Up

I am joining Sarah and other ladies over at Raising Homemakers today by sharing an idea to make it a little easier to keep the table clean.

We were given our dining room table and chairs from my aunt and uncle when they decided to remodel. It is all made from solid wood and has proven to be able to withstand my four kids. I pray that it continues to be sturdy.

Anyways, I got SO tired of a marker or something else getting on the table top. Yes, I could throw a table cloth on it but then I couldn't see the pretty table itself. Plus, the vinyl ones I had were not all that appealing and the cloth ones still let spills through to the surface of the table.

One day I was at the local craft store and I remembered a friend who had a clear vinyl covering on her table. Bonus! I could keep my table clean from spills and stray marks plus still be able to see its beauty. I got about 2 1/2 yards of the thicker vinyl from the store, brought it home and there you have it. Easy to clean too and all for about $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment