Monday, November 14, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness-Day 13

I missed yesterday so here it is and it is a good one!

I am so thankful for my best friend, Kim. We met at Oklahoma State University almost 14 years ago. We were in the same interior design class, I was pregnant with Hannah and she had just found out she was pregnant with Zach.

We immediately hit it off and have always been two peas in a pod. Even when her family moved to Virginia, we talked almost every day. We quickly found out that we had the same taste in many things like movies, books and decorating.

Our kids have grown-up together and are more like cousins. Our kids even call the adults aunt and uncle. Her last name is my maiden name and her hubby grew up in the town where my paternal grandparents lived.

The longer I know Kim, the more I know that nothing will tear us apart. We can be frank and direct with each other and still come out smiling. We stick together for every celebration, sad event or stressful moment. We know if we need to, we can call the other one for a last minute pick-up of a kid or take turns watching the kids for a week while one serves with the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment