Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan Jan 10-16

I have missed my blog for a couple of weeks. I have been busy recovering from the holidays and then I started a new chore "system" with the kids last week so that took some time to get used to and tweak as needed. I hope to blog about that soon.

This week I had the urge to post my meal plan for the week on Facebook and someone said that they liked it so much that they want me to post every week. I decided what a great idea but I will post it here first and then link it to other sites as well.

Monday: Potato Cheese Soup
I have never made this particular dish before but found a relatively easy recipe on Cooks.com.

Tuesday: Taco Soup
This recipe can be found in Fix It and Forget It. It is actually called Taco Soup with Black Beans

Wednesday: Chili Cheese Dogs
We eat at church on Wednesday nights and this is was the posted menu for the week

Thursday: Chicken Noodle Soup
I don't remember where I got this recipe but I found it when I was looking for soup mixes in jars to make for Christmas gifts. The original recipe is actually called Turkey Noodle Soup Mix.

Friday: Baked French Toast
This recipe comes from a children's cookbook called Junior Cookbook Collection Let's Have Breakfast. I don't remember when or where I bought this but it had to be over 10 years ago and I can not find anything on the internet about it.

Saturday: Baked Pork Chops
Okay, I go easy on this day and use the Shake n' Bake product for the chops and a boxed Au Gratin Potatoes.

Sunday: Sandwiches/Leftovers
We almost always have a big lunch at a local cafe with JB's dad after morning service so I do not like for us to have another big meal on the same day. Also, we are usually at evening service at dinner time so I don't want us eating heavy right before bed either.

I like to start my menu plan each week on Monday and had the hardest time finding a form I liked but I finally found one at Lots of Kids. I don't print a new one each week. I printed off one and then put it inside a page protector, attached it to the inside of my kitchen cabinet and use a dry erase marker to write in the meals. After making my plan on Sunday night or early Monday morning, one of our chores is to go grocery shopping for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment