Thursday, June 20, 2013

{Review} How Do We Know God Is Really There?




 This review product was quite a surprise to me.  I was not sure my older three would really get anything out of it and I was certain that the book was too old for you baby.  I was completely wrong!  This book has made us all thing in a way that we most likely would not have in our faith.
Apologia is the publisher of “How Do We Know God Is Really There?” and is written by Melissa Cain Travis and illustrated by Christopher Voss.  It has a great kid-like feel with pictures that look as though a kid colored them.  The story is easy to read to any age also.


I took the time to read the book by myself first and I initially thought that my two middle kiddos would listen but then go on with what they normally do and say.  I was almost certain it would be too much for my youngest to understand and that would not pertain to my oldest.  Boy was I wrong!



Lil Red (8) and Dude (10) really understood what the book was saying and they have since brought it up while we are involved in other activities so I know they are thinking about it.  Chubbles (5) enjoyed the pictures the most and has even asked if we can get out Legs’ telescope to look at the moon and stars.  What surprised me most was what the book has done for Legs’ and her faith.



“How Do We Know God Is Really There?” has helped Legs support her belief in God’s creation and use that to support a rather deep discussion with her pen pal who is admits to being an atheisist.  I have heard most of the information shared and I have to say that their discussion is so much “deeper” than any I have had with any adult about my faith.  I love how Legs’ has such a deep love and understanding of our God and this book was blessing to her.



You can get your own copy of “How Do We Know God is Really There?” from Apologia for $16.00 here.

Pros: This book is an easy read and very colorful.  It is published by Apologia Press, Inc. would publishes great resources for homeschoolers as well as other products like devotions.  This book looks to be best for the elementary age group but as you can see from my experience, it affects younger and older as well as adults.



Cons: It was a little difficult to wrap my mind around the concept of how the author explained the planets and space in relation to God’s existence but that is probably because as adults we most likely already have an opinion and we are not as open-minded as children.



This review is part of Mosaic Reviews: A medley of review perspectives.  To see other perspectives, please visit here after June 21st.

The next review will be The Classic Historian.


No comments:

Post a Comment